Friday, June 3, 2011

Vacation 2011 Day 3: Destin, FL

Saturday morning we woke up and got and early start to Florida.  The drive from GA was about 5 1/2 hours, so not too bad.  We got to Destin at around 1, we couldn't check into the condo until 3 so we stopped at the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. We sat outside which felt great and the girls had a great time running around and not eating their lunch, I don't blame them they had been confined to their carseats for the last 2 days!




After lunch we headed to the condo.  We stayed at the Sandestin Resort and our condo was right on the beach.  The first few pictures are the views from our balcony.  They were incredible!  As you can see the beach that Saturday was pretty packed for the holiday weekend, but that crowd was further down from where we went, thankfully.





 As soon as the girls walked onto the balcony they were at home.  There were a bunch of beach toys and even a little sand in them.  I think they could have just stayed their and been just fine.


This is a view of the living area of our condo.  It had 3 bedrooms with 2 king beds, and 2 queen beds.  It was fantastic, but I think one of my favorite things about this condo was that we had a washer and dryer.  I know that sounds pretty lame, but having 2 toddlers around makes having the W/D a blessing!





A view of our dining area.  It had a large window that overlooked the beach and even had a window seat.








As soon as we got settled in, we got our swimsuits on and headed to the beach.  I could not wait to see what my little girl thought about the Beach.  I thought this picture turned out so cute.  She was sitting so patiently in our room looking out the window.





Walking to the beach.  Our condo location was so nice, we were sooo close to the beach.









As soon as these little girl's feet hit the sand, they were loving it! It was hilarious. As soon as Malyn's little feet hit the sand she plopped her booty in the sand and was ready to play, they thought they were at the world's biggest sandbox.











This picture is priceless!  She was a VERY happy little girl!
And finally they got in the water....and loved it!
I knew these little girls would like the Beach, but I never imagined that they would love it as much as they did.  When we would go back up to the condo, they would be exhausted.








                                                                                                         
 Getting ready for bed after their first big day at the beach.
  

A funny story....so Candace wanted Malyn to call Jason uncle Bubba.  Growing up that is what the girls called him.   Well Malyn just calls him Bubba, and she loves Bubba.  It is really cute!

Great First Day at the Beach!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment