Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Milestone

I am so proud of my little girl, 3 weeks ago this last Monday Brooklyn gave up her pacifier.  The only time that she got her pacifier was at night, it was her "security blanket".  It made her happy, so it made mommy happy. We have had a lot go on the last few months so I didn't want to force her to give it up with everything going on. My goal was for her to be done with it by Christmas.  So, over the last few weeks I had been telling her that if she quite sucking her poppy, that I would paint her toenails (because she has always been fascinated with mommy's painted toenails). I also had been telling her that Santa Claus didn't visit "big girls" who still had a poppy.  So, I think finally she was fed up with me telling her about Santa.  We were standing in the kitchen and she threw her poppy in the floor and told me to "throw it away, she wanted Santa to come".  So I threw her jar full of poppy's (yes I had a jar full of them) in the trash.  But during dinner, while she was occupied, I retrieved the jar from the trash because I didn't think that this would be permanent.  But, she did great for the next few days....these last few weeks have been a challenge for all of us, but she is still "poppy free". 



As a reward I took her to Wal-Mart and let her pick out some polish for her toenails.  She picked out a pink sparkly color (of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment