Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Post Surgery Update


 I had my surgery last Wednesday morning and everything went great.  I had to be there at 5:30 to prep and get my iv going, which was quite painful. Dr. G came in a few minutes before surgery to go over everything with me and then by 7:30 I went back.  It took a little less than an hour.  He looked at my uterus, ovaries, he ran die through my right fallopian tube to check for blockages and they were all fine.  He said that I do have a left fallopian tube but it doesn't work.  Right after he finished up he went to talk to my mom & Jason.  He said he was pleased with the outcome and that everything looked great.  I went to recovery for about 30 minutes and was home by 10 am!  I have 2 incisions (one just below my belly button and one just below my bikini line).  I already had scars from my previous surgery in those spots.  My stomach is really bruised too.  Thankfully recovery wasn't bad at all.  I went back to work yesterday and did just fine.  Very thankful for my mom and Hubby for taking care of me over the last few days!
       I go see Dr.G next for my checkup .  Earlier this year I did fertility treatments for 6 months (I have so much empathy for any women that has to go through that because it sucks!) and I quit because after six months my uterine lining was not thick enough.  He said that my body did not respond to those meds like they should have and now that he has seen what's going on inside he knows what he wants to do next....

I received these beautiful flowers from my sweet sister-in-law Candace.  Thanks everybody for your prayers and kind words.

1 comment:

  1. glad everything went well! please let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete