Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Mild Concussion

Last Monday we were up and getting ready for work and school, like normal.  I was in the kitchen, Jason was in the shower and Brooklyn was in our bedroom aggravating the cat = \  I had repeatedly yelled at her to leave the cat alone and come out of our bedroom.  Finally she did, but on her way the poor cat was trying to escape his torture (not really) and got tangled in her feet as she was running into the living room (this is what she told me what happened since I didn't see it) and she fell right on her head and she fell hard.  I didn't see it but I heard it and it was a loud bang on the wood floor.  My heart stopped!  And then her cry to follow freaked me out.  I ran in there carried her to my bed and started asking her what happened.  She seemed ok, so I took her into the living room and put her on the couch and she laid there quietly.  Since it was before 8 her doctor's office was not open and called the on call nurse.  She asked me a lot of questions about her symptoms and said to just watch her.  Jason took her to school and told them what happened and to let her just chill for a while.  As I was on my way to work I started freaking out and called her doctor as soon as they opened.  I got her an appointment @ 8:40.  My mom picked her up for me and met me at the doctor with her.  Loved the doctor we saw.  She did lots of hand/eye coordination tests with her and thankfully Brooklyn was acting normal.  The doctor said that since she was quite and acting tired after her fall she did probably have a small concussion and that she was ok. She did say that it was a good thing that I brought her in though and I am sooo glad I did.  Since my mom is off for the Summer she just kept B with her all day to relax.  I am so thankful everything turned out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment