Tuesday, August 31, 2010

#2

So, I thought I would update everyone on Brooklyn's potty training. It has been a month now since she started and she is still doing great. I still put her in pull-ups at night and at school, even though she stays dry I know that accidents can and will happen. Usually in the evening and on weekends I will let her wear her"big girl panties". When she started potty training she still was not ready to use the potty to go poop. So, when she needed to go she would come to me and say "momma I need a diaper, I need to poo-poo". I would always ask if she wanted to use the big potty and she would tell me NO. So, I would put a diaper on her and she would go to her kitchen in her bedroom and "cook" while she was doing her business. That was her ritual ; ) So, about a week and a half ago she came to me to tell me that she needed to poop and she wanted to use the potty. I was so excited! So I put her on the potty, gave her some reading material of course ; ) and she told me to shut the door, a little hesitant but I did. I did get a play by play of what was going on....she was quite proud and so was her momma. So, anyway she has still been doing great. The only thing I have to watch her with the the toilet paper. She will use half of the roll, literally!

The toilet paper that she was going to use after doing her business!

No comments:

Post a Comment