Friday, May 14, 2010

What is Brooklyn up to now that she is 2?

* Talking, Talking, Talking! She is talking all of the time now. We can't understand all of her words yet, but we can make out most of them, she is starting to put together sentences and
repeating things that mommy and daddy say (scary). She can also say her name "Bookin" is
how it sounds. What is really cute is when we pick her up from school she tells all of her friends
(calls them by name) bye-bye and blows them kisses. Too cute!

*Potty Trained....Not so much. A few months ago she was really into it. Just about
every time I sat her on the potty, she would go. Then she went through a phase that she didn't
want anything to do with it. Now she is somewhat interested in it, but it is more of a game to
her. She has a seat that fits on the regular toilet and she thinks that it is fun get on an off and
she has to have a magazine to look at, not one of her books. Also, she calls it "peet" I have no
idea where she came up with this word but she will tell me "I peet mommy" so I sit her on the
toilet and she doesn't "peet". Brooklyn is a very hard headed child and I am not going to force
this on her, when she is ready we will work on it.

*Learning Fast! She has learned most of her colors and of course pink is her favorite. She can count to 2 and can go to 4 with help = ) She is getting where she likes for us to read to her too.

*Big Girl Bed....Not just yet. I am not too worried about this, I just haven't converted her crib to a toddler bed yet. My mom had a toddler bed, now she has a daybed for her and she has slept just fine on that. She also sleeps on a mat at school everyday and does just fine. Maybe in the next few weeks I will do this, but I am not in any hurry.

* Her Favorite Things....Elmo, her Baby Dolls and Playing Outside! Brooklyn is still a huge Elmo but also likes all of the Sesame Street characters. She know them all by name. What is really cute is when she talks like the cookie monster. She also loves playing with her baby dolls. Each one has a specific blanket that they get wrapped up in. It is quite funny to watch her with her babies. And finally this girl LOVES playing outside and LOVES to get dirty. Which I am fine with that, that is part of being a kid!

*Her Favorite Snack....Kit Kat. She inhales these things!

*Her Sizes. Well, she is in 24 months/2T and some 3T. She is in a size 6 shoe (soon to be 7).

Brooklyn is a very strong willed and independent little girl and I love that about her! I know she can take care of her self = ) This age is sooo much fun, everyday she is trying and learning something new. She is my whole world and I am sooo blessed to be her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment