Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Demolition Day!!

Back in February I ordered new countertops for our kitchen because we have the ugliest countertops ever!!!!!!!!!! I decided to go with solid surface because I am not a fan of granite and SS is SUPER durable. I feel like it has taken FOREVER but I think that they will be installed next week, I can't wait. Jason and I decided to remove the existing countertops ourselves. Typically laminate countertops are built in the shop and then when installed they attach them from underneath the counters. That is not the case with ours.....they apparently built them on site, which means that they installed the MDF (medium denstiy fiberboard) and then put about a million staples in and then applied the ugly laminate. So what does this mean for us???

We have to remove the laminate from the wood and then hopefully we can pry the wood off of the counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment