Saturday, September 15, 2012

Vacation 2012 Day 5: St.Augustine

Tuesday morning we woke up to a beautiful sunny day.  We had planned on going to St.Augustine,but wanted to let the kiddos have some beach time first.



After lunch, we headed to the St.Augustine Light house.  I was excited because I had never been to a light house.


Looking up.
 
Since the kiddos were not tall enough(thankfully) just the mommies went up and the daddies stayed with the kiddos and thankfully there was a playground.  We had no problems hearing our children at this height either!






After the lighthouse, we went to the downtown area and walked around.  St.Augustine is the oldest city in the US and there is so much history and amazing architectural buildings here!

Checking out the inside of a canon....
 

They had a ton of unique shops throughout, I could have spent hours here!  The time that I did have, managed to pick up some cool beaded bracelets though.
After St.Augustine, we went to a restaurant called "Caps on the Water".  This place was amazing!  Most of the restaurant was outside under huge trees and spanish moss hanging from them, it was amazing!  There food was also great, we even came back to eat here on Wednesday night.
It had started raining while we were there.
Great end to a great day = )

No comments:

Post a Comment