Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An update on ME

It has been 4 months since my last miscarriage, so I thought I would update everybody on what my doctor has found out.  In January as soon as I found that I miscarried, my doctor wanted to do a D & C on me.  If you are not familiar with this, it is treated like a surgery....a surgery that only lasts about 15 minutes.  He told me that he wanted me to come back in in a few months and they would run a full panel of blood work.  They test for genetic "mutations" (I don't like that word!).  I did not think that they would find anything.  And over the past few months I have talked to A LOT of women that have miscarried, tryng to find an answers.  I didn't realize so many women that I know have been through this, it is nice to talk to someone who has been through the same thing.  This has been one of the hardest things that I have had to go through, but I am better.   Yesterday I got my test results back, and it turns out that they did find 2 "mutations".  The first was my "Factor 5" test (which is an inherited disorder of the blood clotting) and my "MTHFR" test (I think this tests to see if my body is able to metabolize folic acid).  Then, they sent my test results to a fertility specialist in LR to look at.  So today I talked to the nurse and they want me to start taking a baby aspirin and a prescription prenatal vitamin that has extra folate.  In a few weeks they want me to come back in and check my hormone levels (I am really tired of needles!!).  They did give me the "ok" to start trying again.  I don't know that I am ready for that just yet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment