So, we went to Branson last weekend (as I mentioned in an earlier post) and the other kiddos that went were all potty trained. After we had been there a while Friday evening she was telling me that she needed to go pee-pee. So, I took her and she went, she did that all weekend! I never had to change a wet diaper. She only had one accident and that was out on the deck at the lake and she had her bathing suit and swimming diaper on (those things are pretty much pointless, they were only designed to hold in solids). I think that she saw that Stella, Colby, and Gabriel were going to the big potty and she was thinking, "Why can't I do that??". I know how her little mind works.
Timing worked out great because we were on vacation the next week which meant that I could really work with her. She is still doing great. We have even moved up to wearing training panties. We went to meet my parents for lunch yesterday and she got to wear her "big girl" panties. We are still working on #2 though, I know that one doesn't come as easy for a child. She is still making great progress and I am very proud of her.
One of the gifts that she got for her birthday was an Elmo Potty coloring book. Inside the book was a chart that you could put stickers on and track you child's potty training. This is how we reward her. After she goes pee-pee, we let her go pick out a sticker and she gets to put a sticker on the chart. I don't keep track with the chart, I just let her put the sticker wherever she wants to. The picture below is her chart.
No comments:
Post a Comment